WG311 offers fixed, wire-free connectivity for desktop users at home or office, avoiding the time and expense of installing Ethernet cabling. With wireless you can place your desktop PC in the location of your choice, not just close to the Broadband socket.
– Wirelessly shares a Broadband Internet Connection, distribute files & emails
– No need to re-wire, if you decide to move your PC
– Provides choice of encryption to protect against network intruders
– VPN-pass through ensures private communication to and from office
– Compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b wireless networking devices
– User friendly interface makes it easy to change security settings
– Easy set-up with NETGEAR’s Smart Wizard Install Assistant
The WG311 wireless network card operates at up to 54 Mbps, 5 times faster than existing 802.11b, 11 Mbps wireless networks. Once installed, the WG311 lets your desktop PC share files, resources and a Broadband Internet connection. The WG311 wireless PCI adapter gives you fixed (installed) continuous access to your home wireless router or office network, saving you the time and expense of installing Ethernet cabling to your desktop PC. It is also really easy to relocate your desktop PC as no re-wiring, simply move it to its new location.
Safe & Secure
NETGEAR’s WG311 provides both WEP and WPA (WPA is available via firmware upgrade) wireless encryption standards to protect your network from eavesdroppers and bandwidth stealers. To be ultimately secure you can limit access from your wireless network by assigning designated PCs using their unique ID, called a MAC address. The WG311 (and all NETGEAR wireless adapters) support VPN-pass through for secure access to corporate network resources from home, via your Broadband Internet connection.
Easy to Use
Once installed into an available PCI slot on your desktop PC, setting up the WG311 is made quick and easy with NETGEAR’s Smart Wizard Install assistant: The WG311 selects the best available connection and adapts its settings to match. NETGEAR’s Smart Wizard user interface makes it easy to adjust and view the settings of your adapter: e.g. adding wireless security settings or checking wireless signal strength.