Need remote access to servers and other serial managed devices in the rack?
HPE Enterprise Serial Console Servers provide remote access to headless servers such as those running Linux or UNIX, as well as serial managed devices such as network switches and routers. Available options support either 16 or 48 devices through a single IP address using any SSH or telnet client. With its powerful user access control and streamline management from the Virtual Media option, the HPE Serial Console Server grants access to specified users or even implements Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory authentication while allowing servers to access storage media. Security for servers is controlled by user names, passwords, access rights configured and stored in non-volatile memory in the Serial Console Server for up to 64 users or through RADIUS. The HPE Serial Console Servers offer the security, flexibility, and efficiency that meets the needs of the most demanding IT environments.
Streamline Management of Your IT Environment From any Location Anywhere & Anytime
– HPE Enterprise Serial Console Servers includes a virtual media capability that enables you to load any large amount of data remotely.
– Remote management via either in-band or out-of-band depending on the network devices within IT environment.
– Scale to meet your IT demands by adding servers and users as demand increases. Auto-sensing serial ports combined with a single serial interface adapter that eliminates pin-out conversions for each type of serial device.
– Integrated web-based user interface simplifies setup and management of console.
– Zero touch provisioning that supports automated discovery tools to ease identification of servers, routers, switches and power devices connected to any serial port, saving time at initial configuration and installation
Improves the Efficiency of Your IT Environment as the Demand Increases or Decreases
– HPE Enterprise Serial Console Servers include instant access and real-time control when you need it. Redundant communication (Ethernet and Fiber) to provide network fail-over protection.
– Easy to Use with Automated Configuration Tools
– Auto discovery tools to ease identification of servers, routers, switches and power devices.
– Secure out-of-band (modem) communication options enable remote access at any time.
– Redundant power supply options support lights-out access to your serial devices
Convenient control options for single servers or entire server room.
– HPE Enterprise Serial Console Servers offer secure local and remote access to all your devices using encryption, smart cards, remote authentication with multi-level access rights and detailed logging.
– Multiple of users can be logged in at the same time to access and configure.
– Online and off-line data logging with time stamps supports regulatory compliance and easy troubleshooting.
– Compliance with data center access and security policies with pre-set and customizable configuration profiles supported with multiple access levels.
– Console event logging and notification, including “last gasp” capture to ensure buffered data is not lost.
Enterprise-level console management, port access, system management.
– HPE Enterprise Serial Console Servers include an unlimited number of simultaneous sessions, configurable event notification (email, pager, SNMP trap), customizable global time zone support, multiple and customizable user levels of access.
– Port access directly by server name or device name, CLI command, simultaneous
– Telnet and SSH access
– Configuration wizard in Web for first-time users, auto-discovery for automatic deployment, command line interface (CLI), and web management interface.
HPE 48-port serial console server with redundant communications and power, includes one rackmount hardware kit, one DB9-RJ45 adapter and one power jumper cable.